About the book:
Gia Kearns would rather fight with boys than kiss them. That is, until Arik, a leather clad hottie in the Boston Athenaeum, suddenly disappears. While examining the book of world libraries he abandoned, Gia unwittingly speaks the key that sucks her and her friends into a photograph and transports them into a Paris library, where Arik and his Sentinels—magical knights charged with protecting humans from the creatures traveling across the gateway books—rescue them from a demonic hound.
Jumping into some of the world's most beautiful libraries would be a dream come true for Gia, if she weren’t busy resisting her heart or dodging an exiled wizard seeking revenge on both the Mystik and human worlds. Add a French flirt obsessed with Arik and a fling with a young wizard, and Gia must choose between her heart and her head, between Arik's world and her own, before both are destroyed.
The Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/Thief-Lies-Brenda-Drake/9781633752214
Today I’m here to share my dream cast for THIEF OF LIES (Library Jumpers Book 1). I’m sure most of us wonder who would be the perfect actor for our favorite book characters should they make it into a movie. When sketching a character, I tend to search for actors and save pictures of them in a folder so that I can a visual while writing the story. So, here’s a list of what I think would be the perfect cast.
Gia: I think Maia Mitchell is nearly a perfect fit for Gia. All she’d need was some green-colored contact lenses and she’d be a perfect match.
Arik: Okay, so Gregg Sulkin is totally Arik for me. And he even has dimples! So I had to give you two pics of him one sexy and one with those adorable dimples.
(Dreamcast Arik_Gregg Sulkin 1 and 2)
Bastien: It was difficult to find an actor for him. I wanted to find actors that were close to my characters ages, because I wanted them to be as true to today’s actors as possible. I think Sterling Beaumon comes pretty close. Especially while posing like this!
Nick: In my novel, Nick is of Italian descent. I’m not sure if Nick Robinson is or not, but he resembles my son, who Nick is created after, so he fits perfect. Fun fact, Nick Robinson and I share the same birthday!
(Dreamcast Nick_Nick Robinson)
Afton: I really enjoyed writing Afton. She’s sassy, into style, and just beautiful. And Kiersey Nicole Clemons is all that and a bag full of makeup!
(Dreamcast Afton_Kiersey Nicole Clemons)
Lei: I really like Lei in the story, she’s fierce with humor. Erika Toda is exactly how imagine her. Such beauty and strength!
(Dreamcast Lei_Erika Toda)
Kale: Every assemble needs a strong, patient character and Kale is that for this story. Another character I had a hard time matching up with an actor, but I think Avan Jogia will do nicely.
Demos: What can I say about Demos? He’s Nick’s nemisis and he has a great sense of humor. I think Luke Benward fits him well.
(Dreamcast Demos_Luke Benward)
Jaran: I had to save one of my favorites for last. I think Corbin Bleu is a good match for him. You don’t get to know Jaran very well in book one, but he plays a major role in book two. He’s sensitive and caring and I just want to sit and watch movies and drink hot cocoa with him. You’ll see if you buy book two!
(Dreamcast Jaran_Corbin Bleu)
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. I’ve lived with these characters for so long, I’m ready to go on the next journey with them. I hope you join us!
1. The Boston Athenæum (Link: https://www.bostonathenaeum.org) – Boston, Massachusetts. The story begins with Gia and her friends, Afton and Nick, visiting this library. Throughout the series, Gia keeps coming back to this library. It’s her tether to home. The library holds so many book and art treasures, and is full of history. The architecture is beautiful with its sweeping ceilings and large windows. This picture is of the fifth floor reading room. I just love the tunnel-like staircases that lead to scaffold balconies surrounding the bookcases.
(TOL Library Post_Boston Athenaem.jpg)
Source (Link: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/blog/2015/09/11/boston-athenaeum-open-house/)
2. The Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF) is the National Library of France. This is the Paris library that Gia and her friends end up in when they transport through the gateway book the first time. This reading room is massive and I love the circular window that line its dome skylight ceiling.
(TOL Library Post_Bibliothèque_nationale_de_France.jpg)
Source (Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblioth%C3%A8que_nationale_de_France)
3. Duke Humfrey’s Library in the Bodleian Library at the University of Oxford. One of the bookcases in this room hides the entry into the wizard haven, Asile. You might recognize this library from the Harry Potter movies. It was used to film one of the library scenes. I wasn’t aware of this when I wrote the book, but it was fun to find out about it. The library with its dark wood and coffered ceiling with depictions of open books on squared tiles, is old and has a warm feeling to it.
(TOL Library Post_Duke Humfreys Library, Bodleian Libraries, Oxford, England.jpg
Source: (Link: http://www.cotswolds.info/places/oxford/bodleian-library.shtml)
4. The Vatican Apostolic Library – Vatican City, Rome, Italy. Arik and Gia jump into this library during their library hop to throw off the trail of any would be pursuers. I love all the murals on the walls, columns, and ceiling.
(TOL Library Post_The_Sistine_Hall_of_the_Vatican_Library.jpg)
Source (Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_Library)
5. The Russian National Library, St. Petersburg, Russia. In the story, a bookcase in this library hides the entrance into the haven, Esteril, home of our ruthless antagonist.
(TOL Library Post_Russian National Library, St. Petersburg, Russia.jpg)
Source (Link: http://fillthewell.com/here-are-22-of-the-most-beautiful-libraries-in-the-world/)
6. The Mafra National Palace Library in Portugal. The climax of the book stakes place in this library. Such a beautiful and spacious place to do all sorts of dastardly deeds in.
(TOL Library Post_Mafra National Palace Library.jpg)
Source (Link: http://www.all-about-portugal.com/mafra-national-palace/)
Off page – libraries Mentioned in THIEF OF LIES…
7. Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland. One of the characters in the book returns another character here. I can’t say more than that.
(TOL Library Post_Trinity Library Dublin Ireland.jpg)
Source (Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jailman/9220782409)
8. The Library of El Escorial Monastery, Spain. Demos and Afton hop to this library during the gateway hop to throw off any creature hunting Gia and her friends.
(TOL Library Post_The Library of El Escorial Monastery Spain.jpg)
Source (Link: http://www.uam.es/otros/viii-ipc/MID-CONFERENCE%20TOUR.htm)
9. National Library of Ireland – Dublin, Ireland. Lei and Nick jump here during the library hop.
(TOL Library Post_National Library of Ireland.jpg)
Source (Link: https://getpocket.com/a/read/912534495)
10. Biblioteca Riccardiana Firenze – Florence, Italy. This is the library that Arik and Gia were suppose to jump to during the library hop, but something happens and they don’t end up there.
(TOL Library Post_Biblioteca Riccardiana Firenze, Florence Italy.jpg)
Source (Link: http://www.artnet.com/artists/candida-h%C3%B6fer/-biblioteca-riccardiana-firenze-i-a-wY1FfkkV1cUXULXqm17F1Q2)
I hope you enjoyed my tour of the libraries featured in THIEF OF LIES. In the next two books of the Library Jumpers series, Gia and friends visit many more spectacular libraries. I can’t wait to share them with you!
Brenda Drake, the youngest of three children, grew up an Air Force brat and the continual new kid at school. Her fondest memories growing up is of her eccentric, Irish grandmother’s animated tales, which gave her a strong love for storytelling. So it was only fitting that she would choose to write stories with a bend toward the fantastical. When Brenda’s not writing or doing the social media thing, she’s haunting libraries, bookstores, and coffee shops or reading someplace quiet and not at all exotic (much to her disappointment).
Grand Prize of the Kindle Fire 7” Display Wifi 8GB + Coffee Table Book that inspired the Library Jumpers series, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LIBRARIES IN THE WORLD + Swag Pack (US/Canada)
$50 Amazon Gift Card (INT)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Countdown widget: http://chemicalscream.net/entangled-countdowns/#library